Trip to Singapore - I

by - 9/27/2018 04:16:00 pm

Hey guys,

What's up?

Why have I been MIA, which is very bad? I got very busy with my work? Nope. I was lack of inspiration to write. I didn't want to write anything random just for the sake of it, because it would be visible in the post and I can't afford to do that to my small set of readers, yes, You.

So last week, I went to Singapore for a 5-day trip with William. Actually, it was his work trip and I tagged along coupling the weekend for the trip.

Before the trip:

We made a huge shopping list mentioning their Indian price converted to SG dollars.
Prepared a Must-Visit in SG list with some guidance from Matt's travel tips vlog.

Day 1:

So we landed at Changi International Airport at 6.30 AM and it was such a beautiful, enormous terminal with cafés to chill and relax with free WiFi. We hired cab to our hotel and it was around 25 minutes travel. We checked in, relaxed in our room and headed to breakfast lounge. Oh my God, I should mention that the breakfast buffet was huge and the spread included mostly continental and Singaporean cuisine. I started looking forward to breakfast for the remaining 4 days. It was so good.

After breakfast, we took nap and got ready to go out for lunch. Will's friends were meeting him. We headed to this beautiful hill called Dempsey Hill for lunch. So this hill is basically a food village, a village full of restaurants, pubs and cafés serving all authentic cuisines ranging Chinese, Italian, English, Indian, Singaporean, etc. The place is colourful, vibrant at the same time, cheerful and calm. We had lunch at Muthu's Curry, an Indian restaurant, with vast outdoor setting.

~ Dempsey Hill fountain ~

~ Muthu's Curry ~

After lunch, we headed to Suntec city in Marina Centre. The place has a huge fountain in the middle of it, surrounded by malls. We didn't find anything to shop in the mall since everything was pricey. We just went to the top of the mall for the view and the city was getting ready for F1 race the next day.

~ Fountain of wealth at Suntec City ~

~ Suntec City Mall ~

After the boring Suntec experience, we went to Arab street. The place sells Indian cloths, Arabic drapes, etc. The Haji lane in Arab street is filled with colourful, pinterest-y cafés. The bright walls, the colourful lane would contribute to your Instagram feed. Next time you are in SG, make sure to visit Haji lane and have coffee at one of their cafés. Singapore's coffee culture (Kopi) is strong and they have many varieties of coffees and shakes.


~ Kopi ~

~ Haji Lane ~


From Haji lane, we walked to Bugis junction. This place is for the ultimate shopper in you. It has almost all brands catering in all price range. We strolled around for a bit and spotted Innisfree store. Since I am well versed with their prices in India, I found their prices to be much lower. We shopped our skin care goodies. Its Skin, Laneige, Tony Moly are all located at Bugis Junction. Bugis village, next to Bugis Junction has interesting line of small shops selling dresses, makeups, sovereigns, foods at throwaway rates.


~ Bugis Street ~
It was dinner time and we went to Le Noir at Clarke Quay. Since it was weekend, the place was very crowded as is the Quay itself, thanks to live bands and loud music. Clarke Quay place is very touristy and has lots of international restaurants. It was buzzing with tourists and F1 enthusiasts and there were interesting events being conducted by F1 sponsors.

~ Clarke Quay Central ~


Day 2:

Day 2, we had breakfast at hotel and went to Dempsey hill again for lunch. This time we went to P.S. Café at Harding Road. The café is very cute and filled with colourful flowers. I have a thing for quaint cafés and I was busy admiring the beauty of the café. The cute tables, the hanging lights............ I loved the ambience. We walked to Jones, the Grocer for desserts. This place sells age old wines, exotic noodles, bread spreads, etc. The ambience was bit laid-back, so was their service. But their sticky date pudding was to die for.

~ P.S. Cafe ~

~ P.S. Cafe ~

~ Death by Chocolate at Jones the Grocer ~

After Dempsey Hill trip, Will and his friends got ready to go to F1 while I retired at the hotel.

Day 3, 4  and 5 were the most happening for me since I explored the city all alone and totally loved the experience.
Stay tuned for that!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. We loved Singapore when we visited in April - I’ve never seen such a green city - or a city so clean!! Haji Lane was such a fun area to visit. Can’t wait to see what you got up to on the rest of your trip! Charlie xo
    https://thebarefootangel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit Singapore - I've only got as far as changing planes at Chaigi which is an experience in itself. thank you for this write up of places to visit. Looking forward to reading part 2. love Bec :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip! It's so nice to see sunny places with green plants while it's cold and snow outside :) Can't wait to see the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this travel diary style! I would love to check out Singapore some day. Interested to know what you planned to buy (and did buy) with the good exchange rate. xoxo
    Beth
    www.findingdelight.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like an amazing experience!I always like to bookmark people's tour so that I can check back to the places they did visit! The recommendations are always preferable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems super exciting. Since I watch Crazy Rich Asian, Singapore has been on my wander lust list... it’s such a beautiful place

    ReplyDelete