Mini Review - Toners

by - 1/16/2019 11:29:00 pm

Hey everyone!
A very happy new year to you!!

I will be posting mini reviews on the items I have used and emptied. These reviews are going to be brief and very subjective and will talk about how the product performed on me.

I will talk about toners today. Do you know Toners are one of the important factors in prepping your skin? There are many steps which could be avoided while building skincare routine but not toning. So why is it too important to be avoided in a skincare? Let’s see - Firstly they help in readying your skin for further steps, secondly, they act as a moisture barrier, but most of all, they balance the pH of your skin bringing your skin from acidic / alkaline to neutral.  

Skin’s pH level determines the type of the skin - oily or dry or normal. pH topic is a deep well, if you stare at it, it will stare right back at you. So I am going to dive straight into reviews. For fair knowledge on pH, check Ben Neiley’s YouTube channel.

So let me just quickly put in my two cents on the toners I have used and emptied.

Faces Hydro Toner

Suited my skin well. But it was sticky when sprayed. Even after drying, it was bit sticky on my skin, hence the whole day my face felt sticky. So I put it to use at only night. The ingredients list looks fairly simple. Contains Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide. Both are hydrating acids, so there is mild tingling sensation when sprayed on the face but that fades away soon. Also contains phenoxyethanol, an alcohol variant, which is not ideal for dry skin. The time I used, it didn’t cause any negative effects on my skin. The skin got better with less comedones. I liked it but not sure if I would buy again.

~ Faces Hydro Toner ~


Lushveda – Organic Vetiver Facial Toner

For my day time use, I used Lushveda’s Vetiver Water. The brand has two offerings – Rose Water and Vetiver Water. Since I belong to dry skin type, I chose vetiver water. This is 100% steam distilled, no chemicals, no fragrance added. It just felt like applying real vetiver on your face. Actually, it is! So if you are in search of a natural toner, go for this guys. Ingredients are clean, hand-made, fresh, alcohol free and most of all cruelty free. So, I would definitely buy again.

~ Lushveda Organic Vetiver Toner ~
What am I using now?

The time I was travelling, I couldn’t carry my toner bottles, hence I made a home-made one. One part of ACV with 3 parts of filter water. This suited by skin very well I am planning to continue this for a while. ACV is anti-bacterial, has hydrating acids, vitamins and it maintains the pH level of the skin. It has a mild tingling sensation but that fades away within seconds. So for now, I am using this home-made one, this helps with my closed comedones and I am liking this too.

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. I've never added toners to my skincare routine, but I may have to after this read! Also, that's so cool that you were able to make a homemade toner that worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have a few toners I haven't tried yet (came in my Ipsy bag). Should toner come before moisturizer or primer? Is it the first step? Love the information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, toners are very essential in skincare. Do try. Toners come right after cleansing your face and before using any product like serum and moisturizer

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the useful info - I've never used toners in my beauty routine - oops. need to investigate further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, toners are very essential in skincare. Do try. Check out Ben Neiley's YouTube channel for simple explanation on toners. Or you can follow TheKlog. They are good resources to learn from.

      Delete
  4. Are those useful for men too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that toners can do amazing things for your skin, and my wife loves hers! I've yet to use them myself, but these are some great ones to try out; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in using natural ingredients directly like you suggest ACV which I have found to be more effective than any products I have used.

    ReplyDelete