Some Random Feminist Conversation

by - 4/03/2017 11:24:00 pm

Hey all,

I believe everyone, irrespective of gender, celebrated Women's Day last month. At least my FB timeline said so.. So happy to see everyone celebrating their mothers, sisters, girl-friends, wives and daughters. Yes, the inevitable happened. So many feminist talks and discussions, some for it, some against it, some don't even know what feminism is! This was just a random conversation between me and my husband that happened last month and almost this month too! Let's be prepared for this monthly ritual :-) :-)

William [H]: So what's the dreaded F-word?

Me [M]: Why are you asking me this? As if you don't know. You use it hundred times a day.

H: Oh no, not that. What is Feminism?

M:  Oh, Feminism. Feminism means equal rights for women; equal rights, equal respect, equal pay for women. We seek equality in everything. Be it a job, be it kitchen work, be the dress we want to wear, basically EVERYTHING. Freedom of choice. My choice, My rules.

H: Is it necessary? Does it work out in a country like India?

M: See, this is what you call male chauvinism. Do you want us to spend half of our lifetime in kitchen, cooking for you, washing vessels and doing chores always?

H: No, I didn’t mean that. And I am certainly not a chauvinist. I am happy that you are a working woman, earning your own money.

M: No, I could still choose to be a housewife and still be a feminist; working, not working doesn’t matter. You men are bound to share all the chores with your wife. Sharing is not only caring, but also a responsibility.

H: Then when do I take rest after all that working so hard for the whole week?

M: So? Do I take rest on weekends? I still get up, prepare food, clean house, etc, etc.

H: Fair enough! I will do half of the work. Sharing is my responsibility.

M: Dude, we got to buy groceries for this month? When are we going to supermarket?

H: You do the shopping na. I am really tired.  Don’t carry anything home. Just pay and ask them to deliver home.

M: Cool, give me money. I don’t have any.

H: Arey, you just received your salary. Pay for groceries.

M: NO, MY MONEY IS MY MONEY. YOUR MONEY IS OUR MONEY.

H: Haa! So what’s that feminism you were talking about?

M: Dude, don’t change the topic. Transfer some cash to my account.

H: But feminism means equallll……..…

M: *runs to kitchen*  You said coffee, right?

Mobile beeps  “Money Sent”

Mind Voice:  FeminismFeminismFeminism. Hahahahahahaaa!!!!!

This is a light hearted take on the feminism that feminists rave about. The reality is a far cry. Let’s talk soon.


Until then,
Much Love. 

You May Also Like

1 comments