Universal Studios, Singapore - Day 3

by - 9/29/2018 12:50:00 pm

Day 3:

It was Day 3 and Will had to attend his conference, the main reason of this trip. I was alone at hotel in a dilemma between shopping or visiting Universal Studios, Singapore. I chose the latter. I was excited, got ready, smeared loads of sunscreen, hired a cab and after 15 minutes of cab ride, Viola!, I was standing in front of Sentosa Resorts where Universal Studios, Singapore is located.

This better be a guide to solo visitors who are visiting Universal Studios, Singapore (USS). Make sure to avoid USS on weekends and public holidays because crowd could be huge and you don't want to miss any ride. USS opens at 10 AM and I was there waiting in line for tickets. The best part about going solo is, there is a separate queue for solo riders and mostly it is empty and you can just storm to the front.

The tickets cost $76 per adult which includes all the rides. There are some websites offering discounts on the tickets such as Klook and Sentosa's official website.

So after checking in, I enter this happy world, no exaggeration. People are happy, laughter everywhere, you are greeted by big structures of Hello Kitty and  Minion, bubbles flying in the air coming from nowhere, colourful carts on the road, Jurassic Park theme playing at the background, sound of those roller coasters, etc. I was excited.




I wanted to ride all those adventurous rides at the very start itself because queue would become long as the time passes. The first ride was Transformers the ride. It was a 3D ride, once you sit in the Evac, you are inside the world of transformers. The ride is thrill, fun-filled one.
After Transformers, I went to the world of Mummy through the ride Revenge of The Mummy. This ride is also a thrilling and extreme one. The girl next to me took a minute to come out of the shock or might I add, awe. It was that good. To me it was THE BEST RIDE.
Then the much awaited Battlestar Galactica - Human and Battlestar Galactica- Cylon. These rides are roller coaster ones in open setting. Since I am an avid fan of adventurous rides, I didn't miss this one. It looked so thrilling from outside but Mummy won the best for me. Nevertheless this is a must-go ride.
Then I entered the world of Jurassic Park. Probably Jurassic Park Rapids this is the only wet ride in USS. So I gave it a miss and went to Canopy Flyer. A light, not-so-thrilling ride.




Then I strolled around for a bit and reached Far Far Away Castle to the world of  Shrek and his love story. 
USS is full of food courts and you can munch on your favourite items ranging from milk shakes to churros to chicken wings and parattas. Make sure to have your lunch after 2 PM so that you get to ride all the extreme rides before horrible wait time up to 50 minutes.


After my lunch it was just breezy and light rides covering Sesame Street, Magic Potion Spin, Merry Go-Around, Madagascar, etc.There were shows (Lights, Camra, Action! where Steven Spielberg explains how movie effects are made), live shows happening all around USS at a particular timing. So during strolling I almost covered all the stage shows. Hey, I even took a pic with Marilyn Monroe!








Since I had finished all rides early, I had enough time to go to SEA aquarium and Maritime Museum. Before that I took enough videos, photos. So I came out of USS, bought tickets to SEA aquarium. The ticket cost $34 per adult with free access to Maritime Museum. This museum explains the ship route, how maritime expeditions took place, goods handling, etc. I guess Will would have found this more interesting since its his area of expertise.



The SEA aquarium just makes you feel you are inside the ocean witnessing those beautiful corals, sharks, jelly fish, turtles and various other fishes in all sizes. I think it brought a calm end to the day.


But hey, I went back to USS and gave another round to all the extreme rides excluding Battlestar Galctica, thanks to the wait time up to 45 minutes. So glad, I tried those rides in the morning itself when there was no queue at all.

Thus my day at Sentosa came to an end with lot of smiles and memories :)

Tips:
  • Begin the day early.
  • Wear comfortable clothes, shoes or flip-flops. If possible, carry another set of clothes.
  • Smear lots of sunscreen.
  • Tie your hair into a tight bun or ponytail.
  • Wear hat. A MUST.
  • Carry water bottles to save money. There are water-booths everywhere so you can re-fill and rather not spend $2 for half-litre of water.
  • Plan your rides well. Try rides first, then sovereign shops, and then you get enough time to take pictures.
Stay tuned for Day 4&5!


Much love,
Sindhura

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. It seems u had a good time.Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there was a Universal Studios in Singapore!! Looks like you had a great time. If we went to Singapore, my husband would definitely want to visit the SEA Aquarium and maritime museum. That looks right up his alley! Thanks for sharing your fun adventures. :)
    Beth
    www.findingdelight.com

    ReplyDelete