A Sunday

by - 7/30/2019 05:18:00 pm


How the last Sunday went by!
Sunday = Funday. Says Instagram
I love all Sundays. Yesterday was extra special since I went out for a movie date with my friend Ruku. I do not have much friends in Kolkata so when we planned for an outing, I was excited than ever.

After late night Netflix movie on Saturday, my Sunday started out very fresh. Weather was cool and rain had just stopped. Although rains started pretty late this year, Kolkata’s July rains bring out the joy just like how the kid watching rain sitting in class, listening to the rain rather than the lecture.
When Will asked me to go to church alone, I was 10% sad (the pain of taking Uber) and 90% happy (lone time!!). After some 6 old Bengali songs later, here I am standing in front of the huge, gothic-like structure known as St. Paul’s Cathedral. It has been 3.5 years in Kolkata and I see this church every other week but still when I enter the premises, it makes me all excited and happy. Rains had just finished and the mighty pillars were looking more artistic than ever. The garden, the trees with yellow flowers, roses and dahlia and the vintage church. Just imagine.


~St. Paul's Cathedral, Kolkata~

 After the mass, I was craving for some English breakfast. Of course Flury’s is nearby but I decided to visit The Whistling Kettle, a small café that serves the original Keventers sausages and bacon all the way from Darjeeling. You can visit here, to know my Flury’s experience (A must visit if you are in Calcutta).


Again after some 5-6 Hindi songs, here I am at The Whistling Kettle, a quaint café whose English breakfast and Nathmull’s tea are to die for. If there is one dish that I can eat all 3 times a day, all year that is Dosa with tomato chutney. Next is pancakes. Oh I love pancake with the honey (Indian maple syrups are too sugary)!!! I ordered bacon rashes with omelette and pancakes.
The bacons were crispy yet soft and that was a generous serving. The Omelette was cooked in bacon oil and it was just yummmm. Pancakes were soft and fluffy and it came with maple syrup. Enjoy this picture.



~Bacon and Eggs~

~Pancakes~

~Vietnames Coffee~

~The Whistling Kettle~

~The Whistling Kettle - Bakery section~


Next was movie with Ruku:

I went home and realized I had enough time for hair care - Protein mask for hair. (I was wrong!). So after applying the protein mask and persuading Will to get ready for the movie, I realized I am going to be late for the movie if there is even slight amount of traffic.
Traffic wasn’t so much but the rains made it bit difficult to commute. I shouldn’t have gone for that hair mask. Show starts at 2:50 and we were there at 2:43. Ruku had just arrived and waiting in front of the cinema hall. When I saw her, yeah, we were twinning. White top and blue jean. Accidental. Totally unplanned. Will was odd man out, he was wearing black tee and shorts.

~Twinning~
When we entered the hall, the show had already started. PVR ran out of 3D glasses and there was commotion everywhere. Audience demanded the show to be paused / restarted. They gave the 3D glasses and yes the show was restarted, we were lucky ducks.
Movie starts… Awimbowe awimbowey….

After the movie, we went to this theme restaurant called Jungle Safari. Since it was only 6 PM, we didn’t have an elaborate meal. We just had appetizers and mocktails.

We went to Ruku’s place to drop her, more importantly to see that ball of joy, Mishika. After her parents and us catching up and an amazing tea, Will and I headed home. Rains had started again!


You May Also Like

0 comments